Pages

3.08.2010

           ~Dull to Shabb-a-Lisious~
I have had a tiny issue with my Oak Cabinets in my bathrooms for some time now.. They are no longer exciting me, or calling me into the bathroom to take a long hot bath.. I am actually running away & saying under my breath, "what am I ever going to do with those ugly cabinets"?

I have decorated around them for so long, trying to imagine they were solid marble from Italy but the reality is, they are just down right yukky.. I decided it is time to take ACTION.. So Action is what I did.

I sanded these poor little beasts down & decided to go for the "Shabby Chic" look, I know "what a surprise"..
I painted them with a fresh coat of White house paint and Waaaa-Laaaaa! 
Something even UGLIER....
I then distressed & distress and added a nice coat of Wax ..
They turned out Grand!!!
 This picture does not do them justice. I am now on the hunt for some antique glass "pulls" & "handles" to finish it off.
The only problem is getting the kiddies out before car pool in the mornings.. They seem to spend more time in their new surroundings than they ever did before.
So if there is something in your home, work space you aren't thrilled with, CHANGE IT UP... Nothing less expensive than a gallon of paint to make a HUGE difference in any room.. 
Let your imagination be your guide..