Pages

2.19.2010

"Never date a Man who doesn't open your DOOR"


The title really has nothing to do with today's post, except for the word DOOR..



The rest of that sage advice came from my darling Mother lips, where those
words were spoken repeatedly. So YES, Brent must have past the test or I would have heard about it..



Okay back to DOORS...
When you think of a door you think of someone coming IN or OUT..



Doors serve many a purpose..
How about keeping pre-teens out when you take 1.5 minutes to breath and count to 10...... Or when you need to "SLAM" the door to make sure that you are understood.......  Maybe even "swing" the door to help fan out the smoke from a dinner gone bad.....



Did you ever think about a door as a piece of Art work?????
How about a old shabby wooden door as wonderful Architecture????
Or the old chipped paint as Charming?? ??
Okay now that you are thinking the impossible, how about a door as a CHALK BOARD ????
Yes, a Chalk Board like the one from the "olden days", you know the ones we all took our turn cleaning.. For same weird reason I have a little spark for chalkboards... Do I need therapy???



So I thought about the old door I had sitting in the garage next to my husband beloved 1973 Land Cruiser , you know that 1 thing that must be polished and babied as if it were a Picasso original...... Ya, I know you wives know exactly what I am talking about..
I also had a can of Chalk- Board paint & a BIG desire to add a little "Sha-ba-mmmm" in Xanthis room..


So I decided to do a little mathematics..
Door + Acrylic Paint + Chalk Board Paint =  A fun a unique item of interest in her room that is more than just "funk-ie", but functional..

Hey, it also looked great on our front porch Welcoming Friends..


The weather is getting nice, open those garages for free ventilation & get creating something original..


p.s. I want to see pictures of the finished product..


xox Tami