Pages

9.10.2010

C O L O R
Ohhh my Goodness, have I ever been on a Painting, Glazing "kick" this week..
It all started when Athena gave me a crazy recipe, Paint + Glaze + Flour = All Kinds of Fun.. I started off doing my cupboards in my Kitchen.. I am Done!! I LOVE the results!! Still searching for just the right "Pulls", once I find them I will share the finished Yummie-ness of the Kitchen..
My Story begins like this.. I was waiting for Brent to come & pull out all my appliances so I could finish with the Kitchen  Cupboard. I got a little impatient waiting for him, while having a cup of paint & a paint brush in hand I walked into the adjoining room and started applying paint to another piece of furniture.. Ohhhh Geeezzzz, that is all it took.. I was hooked once again !!
Picture below is the back, I started painting before I took the pic. The color is a ugly off white-ish yuk**

A few months ago I bought this Awesome Hall Tree piece that I am going to convert into a single VANITY of my very own. I have plans of adding a funky Sink & Mirror. So until I get to that project it has been resting in another room just waiting it's turn.. Well "it's" turn came a little sooner than I thought.. (still waiting 4 Brent) I added my Red Paint, Flour & Glaze mixture.
 then.... The Magic & my new Love...
 GLAZE
Picture below shows...
UPPER section after Glaze is applied & worked in.
LOWER section shows what Glaze looks like before you work it into the furniture..
before
                          after             
         ~  Add more Red for more Drama ~
                                      
                                         more Glaze
Taaaaaaa - Daaaaaaaa

~Don't you think this will look just Pur-ty in the cabin, on my very own side of the bathroom~