Pages

8.05.2010

Mirror MIRROR on the Wall..
As the story goes...
I was out Vintage-Junkin it & found a Grand Treasure..
A HEAVY  Solid mirror from the late 20's - early 30's..
This baby was ugly as can be, but I fell instantly
in Love with the Finial on Top..
The peek-a-boo cut out & detailed scrolling made my heart skip a beat. As I druggg my beastly mirror home, I understood the nursery rhyme of the "Ugly Duckling" & had high hope for the transformation soon to come.
I decided to hang it in Xanthi's new bathroom, and embelish in Pink. I kept the original Gold Leafing which is Magnificent.
     ~  It looks Smashing in her new Diggs ~
                      R you ready for this.....
I bought this Gorgeous Antique for.. ??????
                                  ~$15 American Dollars~
I often try to visualize and imagine the reflections it's held. I wonder if it was hung in a Parlor?? Maybe in a Gangsters back room. Did it witness Survivor's of the Great Depression? Did is see Death, witness Triumph & reflect Devotion?? 
I can only wonder & yet feel a quite sense of respect as it hangs in my home...